International Women’s Day
In honor of International Women’s Day, we wanted to take a moment to tell you a little bit more about the long-time support of women workers here at Stokes Creative Group, Inc.
When Founder Joanne Stokes launched her first construction photography business in 1985, she had no idea that decades later she would be helping numerous women rise to the top of the business world as professionals and leaders within her highly successful marketing agency. Over the rich, 33-year history of our company, Joanne firmly supported hiring the brightest and most talented women in virtually all areas of the company from photography, project management, sales, human resources, marketing and beyond. She has helped single mothers provide for their children; recent graduates gain real world experience; unemployed candidates desperate for work to get back on their feet and obtain a meaningful role at the company—and the list goes on and on.
Below is a list of the current women leaders in director and management level positions within the business, along with their titles and years of service to Stokes. These women perform a multitude of tasks, often wearing more than one hat (so-to-speak) and executing their responsibilities with creativity and diligence.
- Joanne Stokes*, Founder & President, 33 years
- Diane Konopka*, HR/Operations & Finance Manager, 29 years
- Amber Konopka, Construction Support Services Supervisor, 9 years
- Patty Egan*, Director of Business Development, 8 years
- Kelly Stokes, Construction Services Project Manager, 8 years
- Qiao Wu*, Public Outreach Manager, 7 years
- Nicole Pace-Addeo, M.A., Director of Marketing & Communication, 4 years
- Tanya Schmidt, M.H.R., Florida Team Leader, 1 year
In addition to these women leaders, there are many other significant women contributors to our company’s success including:
- Dawn Morris, Bookkeeper, 8 years
- Maegan Konopka, Business Administrative Assistant, 6 years
- Elena Malfi, Executive Assistant, 3 years
- Rachel Ellis, Business Development Research Assistant, 2 years
- Kathleen Ferrari, Public Outreach Support, new hire
- Tori Jamali, Office Coordinator (FL), new hire
As you can see, Stokes proudly employs many intelligent, successful women at each of our four office locations on the East Coast. Whether these women have four children or fur children, they are proud, hard-working moms, creative and forward-thinking professionals, respected team players, beloved family members and valued by clients and coworkers alike.
If you would like to learn more about these women and their roles at Stokes, please call us toll-free at 1- 844-572-8046 and discover the next addition to your project team or how they can help make your job easier.