JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR PUBLIC OUTREACH SPECIALIST
Stokes Creative Group, Inc. (Stokes) is seeking a motivated, action-oriented communicator and engager to join our Public Outreach Team in Florida. Our growing team works with a diverse range of communities and stakeholders on projects across the state. The Senior Public Outreach Specialist will play an integral role in the external and internal operations of the firm. As part of a small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise, this individual can expect to wear many different hats each day. The Stokes team is growing, and the company is primed for expansion. The new Senior Public Outreach Specialist position is meant to enhance overall operations, project management, and services for the firm while focusing on outreach efforts in the Orlando area.
- Develop engagement and communication strategies that are tailored to specific project and are accessible to all community members.
- Create engagement event materials and promotional strategies including press releases, social media advertisements, in the field advertisements, presentation materials, and project materials.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize input in a manner that allows the public to understand how their input is used and is transferable to technical team members to inform project results.
- Lead outreach efforts on large public works projects.
- Organize and facilitate stakeholder meetings and events.
- Devise creative solutions and approaches.
- Build public understanding, consensus, and support in communities.
- Engage community organizations, elected officials, businesses, institutions, and residents.
- Increase the visibility and benefits of projects.
- Provide comprehensive, start-to-finish project management of new and existing public outreach work.
- Contribute to sales effort, including proposals, cost estimates, and content development.
- Develop, maintain, and foster a strong network of contacts, such as stakeholders, teaming partners, and vendors.
- Cultivate an understanding of multi-modal transportation and infrastructure project delivery.
- Perform QA/QC and edit client and internal communications content, scripts, project deliverables, etc.
- Conduct market research.
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Knowledge of public engagement principles and practices.
- Ability to organize and present data in an efficient and clear manner.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop rapport with diverse stakeholder populations and navigate relationships among constituencies.
- Knowledge of transportation and infrastructure industries.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Proven track-record of successful projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Educational Background and Related Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, community planning, political science, public policy, engineering, or similar required. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience – particularly in the transportation and/or AEC Industry.
- 2 years of public engagement and/or community communications-related experience is a plus.
Submit cover letter, resume, references, and a list of projects/clients to:
Mary Ann Rozengard, DBA, Vice President Stokes Florida, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full-service marketing agency with more than 35 years of client satisfaction, Stokes specializes in the transportation and construction industries. Our core services include public outreach, videography, marketing, advertising, web design and maintenance, social media management, communications training, photography, and event planning. Stokes is a certified WBE/DBE/SBE/WBENC headquartered in New Jersey with offices throughout the East Coast. www.stokescg.com